Inspection board emergency call: +380932175600
Department of Physical and Biomedical Electronics is training on the following programs:
- Bachelor in "Micro- and Nanoelectronics"
- Master in "Physical and Biomedical Electronics", which includes the following specializations:
- Electronic and Information biomedical systems
- Computer simulation of micro-and nanostructures
«153 - Micro- and nanosystem engineering»
with such specializations
«Elecronic biomedical systems ang technology»
«Informational technologies in electronics and nanosystems»
for degrees of
For more information on admissions, deadlines and procedures for admission of documents, please contact Admissions.
After successful completion you will be able to work in the following areas:
- Micro-and Nanostructures and electronics components, integrated micro-and nanotechnology, sensors, computer simulation nanoelectronic structures, components and systems, physical-topological simulation of submicron devices and devices, 3D-modeling distribution of electromagnetic fields, biomedical nanotechnology, electronics microwave frequencies interaction of biological objects with physical fields, microwave and ultra high speed devices, laser equipment.
- Circuitry and microelectronic systems engineering of computer data processing systems, methods and tools for design of new electronic devices based on the use of physical phenomena in semiconductors and dielectrics, working with modern software for design and simulation of electronic circuits, analog and digital circuitry, computer circuitry, microcircuitry, modern microprocessor technology.
- COMPUTER ELECTRONIC BIOMEDICAL SYSTEMS, computer diagnostic systems for electrocardiography, electroencephalography, smart monitoring, biometric identification systems, ultrasound, nuclear magnetic and X-ray computer tomography, computerized decision support systems, automated interpretation of diagnostic data.
- Telecommunication systems and networks of general and special purpose and components, design and diagnosis components of telecommunication data transmission systems, telemedicine systems based on computer and satellite networks, wireless technology, wireless communication systems and their components, fiber optic systems and the network.
- Programming, architecture and software of personal computers, software development of computer systems in the languages C, C + +, MatLAB, development and implementation of intelligent computer software and hardware schematic systems, computer modeling and intelligent processing data, methods and tools for digital signal processing and analysis.
Professional disciplines taught at the Department by doctors and candidates of technical, physical, mathematical, medical and biological sciences, teachers of specialized institutes of the National Academy of Sciences, specialists in industrial and research partners' department. We have 4 Full Professors, 17 PhDs; 5 Professors and 9 Associate Professors.
The department has modern computer labs, computerized laboratory for study of computational methods in electronics, diagnostics laboratory, ultra-high frequency physics lab, biotechnology lab, solid-state electronics lab, metrology lab, analog and digital circuitry labs, the theory of electronic circuits lab.
Students along with their major, gain knowledge on specialization, studying foreign languages. Most students continue their education in graduate school "KPI", engaged in scientific work.
Students participating in dual degree programs between NTU "KPI" and the Technische Universität Dresden, and between NTU "KPI" and the Korea Institute of Science and Technology and have an opportunity for senior courses free to take courses and practice in developed countries of East and West.
READ MORE ABOUT OPPORTUNITIES Education Abroad - page on international cooperation.